SaiOx + Hespiro™
Market | Problem | Solution
Treatments for respiratory distress (COVID and COPD) are limited, uncomfortable, and have safety concerns. There are 93 million treatments per year for respiratory distress worldwide representing a $6 Billion market.
Hespiro™, SaiOx's patented device, provides a safe and effective non-invasive treatment for respiratory distress.
*Sources:World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control (CDC),NationalInstitute of Health (NIH)
COVID-19 statistics as of 09:11 on September 10, 2020
- Heliox reduces work of breathing
- More comfortable / low pressure
- May prevent intubation
- Reduces time in ICU
- Rebreather and low pressure restrains virus / protects clinicians
- Requires no AC Power - Broader field of use
- Heliox already used in hospitals / rebreather conserves helium
- Lower cost than alternative technologies
- Reduces hospital readmission
SaiOx product deployment roadmap includes multiple Hespiro™ versions to address Hospital, Home, and Field Use applications.
The Hespiro™ Respiratory Assist Device (RAD) will save lives in both the urgent short-term COVID-19 population and the long-term chronic COPD population.
Hespiro™ leverages established technologies from anesthesiology, standard respiratory therapies, and Heliox therapy (Helium& Oxygen) to treat patients.
SaiOx is utilizing a short-path approval process through the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) via Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). The company is on-track to manufacture and deliver units within the near future.