SaiOx Inc. is developing Hespiro™, a respiratory assist device utilizing heliox.
The system aims to deliver a mixture of helium and oxygen, recapture exhaled gas and scrub it free of carbon dioxide in a semi-closed system.
SaiOx™ is licensing the intellectual property for this technology from the University of Arizona.
Get Inside The Tech!
NEW Non-Invasive Ventilation
- Will deliver a mixture of heliox (helium & oxygen) and oxygen
- Oxygen penetrates deeper into the lungs when carried by smaller helium molecules*
- Semi-closed loop may minimize virus aerosolization and scrubs carbon dioxide
- Comfortable low-pressure breathing
- Patented: US20160213879A1
* Pitt, T. (2021). "Thinking Outside Intubation."
Learn About SaiOx™!
Treatment for COPD and other respiratory diseases
COPD is the 4th leading cause of death in the United States, impacting 24 million Americans and killing more than 3 million Americans every year. Additionally, the rates of COPD are rapidly growing, and it has no cure.
SaiOx™ is developing a more efficient solution that may improve patient comfort, leading to greater treatment adherence.
Hespiro is under development and is not available for purchase. The information provided in this website is for general informational purposes only, and is not intended to be utilized in the diagnosis, treatment, cure, or prevention of any disease.